Custom Design and Retrofit Trims
There are certain applications that push the envelope of existing valve technology – this can be due to extreme temperatures, pressures, pressure drops, corrosion, erosion, controllability requirements like high rangeability or some combinations thereof. MTECK has the technical knowhow and execution capabilities to provide custom designed valve solutions for some of the most extreme valve applications.
We work with our clients in a collaborative manner to go through the following steps :
- Determine Operational Priorities & Current Problems – we always ask what is the end user trying to achieve with the valve and what are the critical parameters/operating conditions or current issues being experienced on site?
- Gather and Analyse Process Data – the more process information MTECK receives, the better our applications engineers will be able to perform sizing calculations and select an appropriate valve to suit based on the required Cv, as well as all of corresponding factors, such as velocity, pressure drop, choke drop, and Sigma values etc.
- Select Materials of Construction – MTECK will propose materials of construction for the valve body, trim, and soft goods for client’s approval.
- Design the Valve – using our design engineering expertise and experience, the valve & trim components will be designed and virtually assembled in SolidWorks.
- Simulate & Validate – Our design team will simulate the operating conditions of the valve using the latest Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFDs) and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software to validate the design before manufacturing drawings will be issued out.
- Manufacture, Assemble, and Test – Our state of the art machine shops will manufacture the required valve components, for our experienced valve technicians to finally assemble and test the engineered valve.
- FAT – where necessary, we are also able to arrange for our client or their nominated third party inspection agency to witness the Factory Acceptance Tests prior to packaging and shipment.